Room Leader (Baby Room)
- 40 hours
We are currently seeking a highly enthusiastic and motivated Room Leader to lead a team in our Baby/ Wobbler Rooms. This role will be 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday between the opening hours of 7.15am – 6.00pm. (Hours will vary).
The Room Leader is responsible for the day-to-day running of the two rooms and ensuring that there is a safe, caring and welcoming environment for children and their families. They are responsible for the overall safety and well-being of the children.
- Responsible for the support and supervision of staff on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensuring planning and preparation is carried out.
- Observing the progress of each child individually, making observational reports, evaluating the children’s progress, identify concerns and put in place strategies which will enhance their learning.
- Ensure all parents are kept fully informed of their child’s overall development.
- Manage parent’s complaints and children’s concerns.
- To attend staff/planning meetings.
- Update or further your training as necessary.
- Ensure Health and Safety at Work in accordance with the provisions of the Health and Safety at Work (Northern Ireland) Order 1978 and associated legislation.
- Complete daily risk assessments and ensure daily check sheets are complete.
- Induction of new staff & students.
- Carrying out Support and supervision meetings.
- Have an input into annual appraisals. • Keeping up-to-date records.
- 2 years’ experience post qualified in Level 3 Diploma in Childcare, Learning & Development or equivalent.
- Experience in planning and observations
- Confident communicator who can liaise with parents, staff and management.
- Good leadership skills to motivate and value a team. Preferable • 2 years’ experience working as Room Leader.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all applications. Please see full job description for more information.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the application form & full job description. Closing date: Friday 12th February 2021.