We are currently recruiting for a dual role of Playgroup Assistant and After-school Nursery Assistant to join our team.
We pride ourselves on the excellent staff we have here at The Old Station Nursery in Dromore and look forward to someone joining our team.
The hours of this role will be 40 hours per week.
The successful applicant will work in the mornings in our Government funded Pre-school (The Old Station Playgroup) and in the afternoons in our After-school club.
You will be required to drive The Old Station Nursery cars and therefore must hold a drivers licence to be considered for this role.
- Assist with the planning of activities for both Playgroup and Afterschool
- Observe the progress of each child individually, making observation reports, evaluating the children’s progress and identifying concerns.
- Prepare the rooms before the children arrive according to the daily plans and tidy afterwards
- Ensure the safety and well being of all the children within your care
- Assist with snack
- Participate and help organise events, open days, trips.
- Attend room meetings and staff meetings.
- Undertake training as and when required.
- Complete daily checks and risk assessments
- Drop off and collect children from the surrounding schools as and when required.
For a full job description of both roles please get in touch.
- 2 years experience (post qualification) working in a Government funded preschool setting or 3 years experience working in a nursery setting.
- Level 3 qualification in childcare
- Must hold a drivers license and be willing to drive a nursery car for school runs.
- Enthusiasm and a passion for working with children
- Excellent communication – to work alongside colleagues and communicate effectively with parents.
CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY 25TH JUNE 2022
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form and full job description.