We understand that leaving your child in day care can be hard.
That’s why we offer a home away from home for your child.
Based in the market town of Dromore, in County Down, Northern Ireland, The Old Station Nursery offers day care, play groups and after school clubs from 6 weeks to 12 years.
What we offer you and your child
Supporting your child's development
Safe & secure homely environment
Our staff are part of The Old Station Nursery family and in turn, our staff treat your child like one of their own.
On their first day, your child will get a dedicated keyworker that will support their journey and ensure they feel safe, secure and loved.
Working in partnership with our parents
The Old Station Nursery in Dromore, was established in 2000 by Carolyn McDonald, and is now supported by her two daughters Claire and Hollie.
The nursery is housed in the characteristic and charming old train station in Dromore.
We offer full day care for children aged between 6 weeks and 12 years.
We run a junior and senior playgroup with government-funded pre-school places as well as after-school wraparound care. We provide a happy, caring, stimulating, and safe environment with warm relationships between our staff and children.
We believe this combination promotes the development of confidence in children and positive self-esteem.
Come Visit Us
Carolyn, Hollie & Claire will be happy to show you around.
What makes us special
- A mum and daughter business, offering a warm, home from home atmosphere
- Well qualified and experienced staff – all first aid trained
- Low turnover of staff ensuring continuity of care and trust
- Located off the Dromore A1 exit, makes us very accessible for commuters
- Outdoor facilities with climbing equipment
- Nutritious, locally sourced and well balanced homemade food cooked on-site by our cook
Why parents love us
- Wraparound care offered for our playgroup attendees
- Pre-school government-funded places in our senior playgroup
- After-school club with pick up service available from surrounding schools
- CCTV in every room making sure your little ones are kept safe at all times
- 10% discount for families in full-time care
- Dedicated keyworkers assigned to help your child settle in
Download the parent app or login in from your desktop to check on how your child is enjoying their day and even get photos and activity updates.
What Our Parents Say
I cannot recommend The Old Station Nursery highly enough.
Top 20 Award
News & Blog
Find out what we’re up to in our News & Blog section
We are currently recruiting for a dual role of Playgroup Assistant and After-school Nursery Assistant to join our...
Autumn Take a look at our fabulous Autumn/Halloween displays around the nursery. The children take such pride in their...
As part of Children's Mental Health Week 2021, the children were talking about their emotions, feelings and fears. The...